Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Podcasting

Paragraph 1: What did you learn about podcasting. How it can be used in the classroom?
I learned quite a bit about podcasting. Before this lesson, I had heard very little about it and could not have told you very much or how it was used. Now I at least have a basic knowledge how it is used, so I definitely learned something new. I think if I were to attempt to use this that I would only use it in a classroom setting. I feel this is the only way I would attempt it. I really am having trouble seeing how I would use it at all, honestly.

Paragraph 2: How is podcasting different / similar to other Web 2.0 applications we discussed so far?
This is somewhat similar because it is still a fairly new technology and is a way to reach many people. It gives the creator a chance to make and share something of interest to them. It can also be a way to help keep people connected. This is a very different type of technology because it can be used outside of a computer. Most of the stuff we have discussed is meant to be used online. This is one program that you can download and take with you, and it still can be used without access to the Internet.

Paragraph 3: Your reflection: Do you own an iPod or MP3 player? How do you use it? Would you use it in your classroom and how? What do you think about advantages/disadvantages of online communication tools?
I actually own an iPhone and an MP3 player. All of my children have MP3 players, but I use my iPhone as my MP3 player. I mainly got them for my kids so they could listen to their music and I didn't have to. I do not see myself using them in a classroom setting either. However, I do believe some of the technology we have discussed has advantages. The idea of using blogs, wikis and MI lesson plans could definitely be helpful. Still, I feel some of this is just too much. This podcasting and the VoiceThread do not hold appeal for me. I think they take away too much from one on one interaction, I do not think I will use either of these in my class.

1 comment:

  1. I agree podcast and voicethread are not all that interesting to me. I may use podcast before I would use voicethread

    ReplyDelete